Thursday, March 12, 2015

Things I Write About Love

Things I Write About Love

You can receive love and you can give love. It is all about love. People come in and out of your life that you love and they stay in your heart. That enables you to love one another that much stronger. That makes it easier to love. That increases your strength and well being. Many people I have loved are still in my heart and I still love them even though we parted our ways, even if they are dearly departed.

I think about them some more often than not. I think about the recent departed even more. It takes a while but I get used to their presence not being here. It is like that in my life maybe yours too. May I comfort you with these words that comfort me today, hopefully in some kind of way? I’m not talking about making love or am I talking about making love also?

How many days of the week do you want to make love to the person you love anyway? You can make love to the one you love and it does have to involve sex. Often times I want to just be with the woman I love. Her presence is enough. Her scent, the way she talks to me, the way I talk to her is enough. The Song of Solomon is mostly just talk between him and the Shulamite woman, eight erotic chapters. It’s true. We are not machines with an on and off switch to make love.

I miss the women I love and I am sure they miss me too. We still think about each other. To love, and make love, makes for a bond that last a lifetime, maybe forever. You can make love to women just by talking to them if they like how you talk and listen to her.

I’m old school. We speak a different language than the youth of today. We can speak a language of love using subtleties and inferences. We don’t have to say words that directly say what we mean but indirectly say what women like to hear.  But sometimes women like to talk about sex and she directs the conversation that way, especially if we bonded. She likes to hear about how I made love to her and how much I enjoyed it. I might say that she is the best lover I ever had and she being coy she might say that I am one of the best lovers she ever had. Or she might be serious but I am not offended because she is a woman.

Why am I writing this today? The second one of my loves has parted her way. My first love since moving here parted her way some time ago. And I am feeling love and still loved, and missing them. We parted ways suddenly but amiably. They left me with a broken heart. I often kid and kid myself that it is because my heart has been broken by so many women so many times I now have 3, count them 3, cardiologists!

It is truly better to have loved and to receive love than to have not loved and received love at all. I don’t know where my lover’s came from, why they departed, even when and if I will see them again. And I don’t when and if I will have another lover. I don’t know where to find them. They just show up.

There is no professional counseling or non-professional counseling for lovers. And love is the strongest bond between a man and a woman from the beginning of creation. I like to repeat, there are over 7 billion people of planet earth and growing. Many if not most people have been or are in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment